Cancellation and refund policy
The one-time annual membership fee is non-refundable, no matter the reason for cancellation. This is because coaches were hired and preparations were made based on the number of Members, including your son or daughter.
If you cancel more than 7 days prior to the date of your first day of a session, you will receive a full refund of programming fee. No refunds will be given to those parties who cancel within 2 days of their registered session. There are no refunds/credits for missed/sick days. We do not prorate for any missed session days. All refund requests must be submitted in e-mail NO EXCEPTIONS.
The First Tee of Greater Charlotte reserves the right to change the specifics of a class or activity, or to cancel a class, an event, or field trip. The First Tee operates at the discretion of the golf courses that generously allow us to use their facilities. Some locations will close in the event of inclement weather, and we will have to cancel class. Due to the (sometimes) unpredictable weather in North Carolina we may have to cancel more than one class in a given season. The First Tee will utilize all resources and make every effort to provide make-up classes to accommodate for cancelled classes. Please note, that due to weather, daylight, and schedules it is NOT A GUARANTEE that make-up classes will be offered.
All requests to transfer your registered dates are subject to availability. There is no fee for transferring your dates of registration. All transfers must be made at least 2 days prior to program start date (within the same season). There are NO season to season credit transfers.
For the 2019 season you may check the status of all programming on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FirstTeeGreaterCLT/). All updates will be made (1) hour prior to the start of every session IF NECESSARY and will be communicated via e-mail by the Site Director.
- The First Tee of Greater Charlotte’s policy is to hold programs unless weather conditions affect the safety of our participants.
- Classes will be held even when forecasts call for showers or cold or warm temperatures.
- Classes may be cancelled using the above timeline in circumstances where forecasts call for heavy, persistent rain or thunder and lightning.
- AT ALL TIMES, while participants are in session classes will be suspended (on a location-by-location basis) if thunder and lightning are present in the area.
- Some of our facilities offer an indoor setting that allow us to both keep participants safe from weather conditions and also to continue exposing them to components of The First Tee’s Life Skills Experience during these times.
We encourage all participants to come prepared for current weather conditions using a combination of the following items:
- Hat or visor
- Drinking Water
- Jacket or Sweatshirt
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!